A Guide to solve Outlook Error 0x800ccc0e in IMAP,MS Outlook is the most sophisticated email client if we talk about the delivery of its services. The IMAP feature of the email client enables it to manage any IMAP-based email client in it like Gmail, Yahoo, etc. However, the Microsoft product is also prone to errors that trouble the users. The Outlook Error 0x800ccc0e is one such error.
In this blog, we will be analyzing the Outlook Sync Error 0x800ccc0e in detail. If you are a regular user of Outlook, you would have face this error at least once. It can be cause due to several issues that can be easily fix.
You can identify this error as below.
The connection to the server has fail. Account: ‘your_account’, Server:’your_SMTP_server’, Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure (SSL): NO, Socket error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800ccc0e
How to solve Outlook Error 0x800ccc0e in IMAP
Be with us till the end to find out all the solutions that resolve the above Outlook Error 0x800ccc0e. But before that, let us go through the reasons that give rise to this issue.
Reasons that Generate the Error 0x800ccc0e
The following points are the main reasons that give rise to the Outlook Sync Error 0x800ccc0e.
- The Windows Firewall is known to occasionally block some essential tasks that are require for the smooth functioning of some applications. It happens because the Firewall misinterprets these tasks as harmful to the system, hindering the working of Outlook.
- Internet connectivity also plays a major role in this Outlook IMAP error 0x800ccc0e. If you do not have a working or stable internet connection, there is a possibility that Outlook will show errors due to synchronization problems.
- Just like the Windows Firewall, the Antivirus programs of the system can also hinder the efficiency of Outlook, causing the Outlook Error 0x800ccc0e.
- The incorrect authentication SMTP settings configure in Outlook is also one of the main reasons for the Outlook Sync Error 0x800ccc0e in IMAP. Due to the incorrect settings, Outlook can synchronize with the Exchange server.
- Suspicious and Phishing emails can also hamper the functioning of the Outlook application. They need to be delete as soon as the user identifies them.
- Plug-ins and add-ins in MS Outlook are install and add to the application to increase its efficiency and performance. However, these can get faulty and hinder the performance of Outlook.
- Corrupt files of Outlook can also be a major reason for the Outlook errors as these files contain all the email data in them. The PST files, if damage, do not allow Outlook to even open.
All the above points are the main reasons that give rise to the Outlook error 0x800ccc0e. Perhaps, these can be easily resolve, and the methods to do the same are mention below.
How to Fix Error 0x800ccc0e?
Resolving the issues that cause the Outlook IMAP error 0x8000c0e is an effective way to fix the error. Hence, we have move forward using this technique in all the below-mention methods.
- Checking Internet Connectivity
A well-establish and “stable working connection solves not only the Outlook error 0x800ccc0e but most Outlook errors. You should always check for the stability of your internet before starting to work on your Outlook email client to avoid any errors.
Also, the user should make sure that the Work Offline option of Outlook is not enable. It will create an issue in the connectivity of the Outlook client with the Exchange Server.
- Verify the Outlook Email Account Settings
The Account Settings of the add IMAP-base account in Outlook should be properly configure. They are the basic requirements for the Outlook application to communicate with the Exchange Server. The user should check that the full name, email address, and password are enter correctly. Moreover, the port number and the SMTP settings of the account are the most important.
You cannot use the Outlook email services without the proper SMTP and port settings. The SMTP authentication should also be enable in the settings.
- Remove Suspicious Emails
It is the basic requirement to prevent yourself from any unwanted error, including the Outlook error 0x800ccc0e. There are numerous events nowadays where the whole email account of the user is compromise due to suspicious emails and malware intrusions through them. Therefore, it is suggest to delete any emails that the user finds suspicious and can affect the working of the email client.
- Disable the Antivirus
Antivirus programs usually work extensively, blocking even the commands that perform important system tasks. It leads to a hindrance in the working of the system.
The same is also valid for Outlook email transmission. The Email scanners and net firewalls try to protect the security and privacy of the email clients by blocking any email or configuration that they feel is dangerous. To save yourself from such events, you can disable the Antivirus and Firewall programs. Also, you need to make sure that it is disable when you are installing new email providers for their complete efficient installation.
- Run Outlook Safe Mode
If your Outlook error 0x800ccc0e is due to any problems in the add-ins, then you can try to run Outlook in Safe Mode. In the Safe Mode, the MS Outlook starts without any additional plug-ins and add-ins. Hence, if Outlook works properly in the Safe Mode, then you can identify that the error was coming due to the faulty add-ins.
You can follow the below steps to run MS Outlook in Safe Mode.
- Start with launching the Run command using the Windows and R keys.
- Enter the command “outlook.exe /safe” and hit OK.
- The Choose Profile tab will appear. Pick the profile and press the OK button.
The MS Outlook will now open in the Safe Mode.
- Increasing the Server Timeout Settings
To avoid the Outlook error 0x800ccc0e, you can increase the Server timeouts. It will prevent you from any drop in the server connection due to your idle connection. Follow the below-mentioned steps to execute the method.
1: Launch the MS Outlook application on your PC.
2: Click on the File tab, and under that, choose Info.
3: Now, press the Account Settings icon.
4: Then, hit the Account Settings option in the drop-down.
5: In the Account Settings tab, choose your account by double-clicking on it.
6: After that, hit the More Settings button.
7: In the Internet Email Settings pop up, click on the Advance tab.
8: Now, you will see the Server Timeout option. You can increase the option as per your requirement.
9: At last, click on OK to save the changes.
- Repairing Corrupt Outlook File
The damage in the Outlook files that are need to run Outlook is also a major concern for the generation of Outlook error 0x800ccc0e. However, Outlook itself has provide the option to counter this issue through the Inbox Repair Tool Scanpst.exe. It is an inbuilt utility provide by Microsoft to repair and recover corrupt Outlook files. You can repair using the steps mentione below.
1: Open the Inbox Repair Tool Scanpst.exe utility on your PC.
2: Click on the Browse button and select the corrupt Outlook file.
3: Pick the Outlook OST or PST file and hit Open.
4: After that, press the Start button to allow the tool to scan.
5: Then, as the scan completes, check on the Backup option.
6: Now, hit the Repair button to initiate the repair process.
7: Once your procedure is done, click on the OK button to finish.
All the above manual methods are base on the theory of hit and trial. You can perform any of the above methods to resolve the Outlook error 0x800ccc0e as per the issue you are facing. You can also read: Method to resolve Outlook Error 0x800ccc1a.
Nevertheless, these solutions have some limitations that limit their usage. They are time-consuming and do not always work. Additionally, you need to perform them more than once to get the job done completely.
So, to overcome all these limitations, you can go for an alternate solution, i.e., Cigati PST File Recovery Tool. It is an effective tool to fix any error of Outlook relate to the corrupt Outlook files. It can easily recover the damage Outlook PST files in bulk.
The Outlook error 0x800ccc0e is one of the most common errors in Outlook. All the issues that generate this error have been discuss so that you can identify and avoid them. Moreover, the manual methods are brief to help you fix the error. You can directly go to the automate professional PST Recovery Tool method to fix any Outlook error occurring because of the corrupt Outlook PST files.